We love to work with stone, but quality pavers are an excellent alternative. We have installed many decks, paths, pool surrounds, and driveways using pavers. We have used pavers produced by many different companies, but here are two quality product choices: Unilock Project Ideas and CST (Versa-lock) Paver Ideas. Both sites have many examples that will give you ideas for different layouts, patterns, styles, textures, and colors that you can choose from. Their pavers are a significant step above DIY big-box-store pavers in quality—a important consideration when you are investing in the necessary preparation and landscaping that goes into any project. They offer the longevity that Stockbridge Stone takes pride in.
Some reasons to use pavers:
- Pavers are certainly more attractive than concrete. And stronger than poured concrete.
- Many people like the recurring patterns pavers produce. Sometimes the organic and natural qualities that stone produces is not the right look for a particular location.
- Pavers avoid the unsightly cracks that sidewalks develop because, installed properly, they move with winter weather and return back to their original location.
- Pavers emphasize and enhance the landscaping.
- And though it is a different kind of beauty than natural stone, Pavers are beautiful.
- And Pavers offer an economical alternative to stone.